Tuesday 19 June 2012

Your Bees are in the Post


LandofSpike has ordered his bees.

A Five Frame Nucleus of Buckfasts.
The Queen's already marked, which is good, as that means LandofSpike won't have to risk squashing her to death trying to mark her himself.
She's not clipped but that shouldn't be a problem.
The Nuc will be Varroa treated before despatch and will have brood eggs and flying workers.
And, happily, it's all on National frames which will slot right into the Beebox.


They're due to arrive at Spike Towers by registered post in a couple of weeks.
LandofSpike's postman, I'm sure, will be delighted.

Yes, he's delighted
On the one hand LandofSpike is really rather excited about the Imminent Bee Arrival, but on the other hand, he's seriously wondering what on earth he thinks he's playing at.


8 comments:

  1. Oh my, no turning back now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Rubicon has been comprehensively crossed.
      I hope they seal the package tightly.

      Delete
  2. I had no idea you could buy bees. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't quite believe that they send them through the post!

      Delete
  3. I love the fact that you can but fertilised hen eggs through the post too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's even more of a packaging dilemma than the bees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Spike, I am Debbie's brother (Richard) She told me about your new venture. I can honestly say you will find it very rewarding. It is amazing what these little fellows can do.
    I will be following your blog with interest and if I can help in anyway just shout.
    good luck
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard
      Debbie's told me of you too!
      Thanks for the encouragement and thanks also for the offer of a bit of support.
      I'm thinking I'll more than likely need it.
      We're quickly trying to finish off making and screening the bees' area at the moment so that we're as prepared as possible for when they arrive.

      Delete